Speech language pathologist (SLPs) works to prevent, assess, Diagnose and treat speech, language & social communication and swallowing disorders in children and adults. Treatment & therapy depend on types of communication disorders or according to problems such as:-
- Mir-articulation (SODA)
- Fluency (stuttering /steering)
- Any type of disability or cognitive disorder) mentally challenged/ cerebral palsy /Deaf-mute, autism / Attention Deficiency Disorder/Cleft lips & palate.
Voice disorder such as:-
- Puberphonia (Male voice like female)
- Dysphonia (partial loss of voice clue to stroke)
- Aphonia (total loss of voice)
- Vocal cord palsy
- Vocal nodules
- Soft palate palsy etc.